Child Custody Attorney in San Jose
Settlements out of Court as the First Option
Our child custody attorney in San Jose will always explore all options to settle out of court first. The benefits include the following:
- Settlements are a lot less expensive and save you a lot of time.
- Emotionally you feel better about the resolutions that you will live with.
- Together you and your spouse choose how to divide assets rather than being subject to decisions of the court.
- Children are winners because their needs are determined by people who love them rather than a judge and others involved with the legal system.
Pursuit of Litigation When Necessary
At times, settlements out of court fail and it is necessary to pursue litigation. You may want to consider litigation if you encounter the following situations:
- Your spouse or his/her attorney takes a position that is unreasonable.
- The other side makes demands that are not supported by law.
- Your spouse becomes stubborn and inflexible in making decisions.
- Communication is stopped and phones calls, emails, etc., are not returned.
When these situations arise, rest assured our firm will pursue your case with aggression and confidence.
Free Initial Consultation with Our Experienced San Jose Child Support Lawyer
Your initial consultation at the Family Law Attorney San Jose CA is free. Unlike any other San Jose child support lawyer, we allow you to take as much time at this meeting as you need. Generally speaking, the first appointment lasts between 45 minutes and an hour. Some consultations, though, may take longer, and that is fine with us.